Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is posted by request. Serve with steamed vegetables.
- 2 lobster tails (4-6 oz)
- 907.18-1360.77 g beef tenderloin
- 4.92-9.85 ml lemon pepper
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 118.29 ml minced shallot
- 473.18 ml sliced mushrooms, you can quarter them if you wish
- 177.44 ml dry red wine or 177.44 ml Chardonnay wine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan combine the buter and minced garlic-keep warm over low heat.
- Cook the lobster tails in boiling salted water until done-about 5 minutes.
- Drain and submerge in cold water to stop cooking process.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in the tenderloin within 1/2 inch from bottom.
- Sprinkle with the lemon pepper.
- Remove lobster shells and discard.
- Place tails"tail to end" down the center of your tenderloin.
- Whisk butter-garlic mixture and drizzle 2 T.
- down lobster tails.
- Wrap beef around the tails and tie with cooking twine at 1 and 1/2 inch intervals.
- Place roast on a rack in roasting pan and sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- Roast uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meat thermometer will read 140 degrees for rare or 150 degrees for medium rare.
- Saute the shallots and mushrooms in the butter garlic mixture until golden.
- Add the wine and heat throughly, reducing just a bit.
- Remove roast and loosely cover with foil.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before carving.
- Cut into thick slices and offer the wine-butter sauce at table.
I get rave reviews whenever I make this. Everyone licks their plates clean. Makes a very impressive presentation