Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy, rich, and tasty soup. This is a good recipe for claws and body meat.
- 4 cups cooked lobsters
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter (do not use margarine)
- Cut cooked lobster into bite sized pieces.
- In a heavy bottomed skillet melt butter on medium heat.
- When butter is melted add lobster and cook until browned, be careful not to over-cook, or the meat will be tough.
- In a separate pot, add milk and cream.
- Heat until milk is scalded.
- (Scald: To heat until almost boiling, when small bubbles form around the edge. On milk a film will form.) When milk is scaled, add lobster with leftover melted butter to milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let stand warm on the stove (do not boil) until ready to serve.