Recipe by Aroostook
I love my time on Henry's lobster boat out in Linakan Bay, Boothbay Harbor. This recipe is our family favorite. A nice rich stock makes it so.
Top Review by Chef53Kathy
I liked the addition of the chicken pieces to flavor the stock for this stew. I know that the traditional stew is milk and lobster only but I don't always find that to be enough flavor. This is great....you really can't beat a good chicken stock....expecially fresh made. Thanks for sharing!!
- 3 (1 1/2 lb) live lobsters
- 3 pieces skinless chicken
- 1 onion, finely minced
- salt & pepper
- 3 cans evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons salted butter (homemade style)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large stew pot with 2 inches of boiling water.
- Cover and cook lobsters for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove meat from shell and set aside.
- Stock: Remove/rinse any red roe and tamale from bodies.
- Put lobster bodies and shells back into cooking water.
- Add onion, S&P, and chicken pieces.
- Over low heat reduce to 1/2 of original water level.
- Remove shells and chicken pieces.
- Strain stock.
- Pick fine meat from bodies and add to claw and tail meat.
- Add milk and butter to strained stock.
- Heat slowly.
- Add lobster meat.
- Taste and add more S& P if needed.