Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very simple Lobster Spaghetti recipe. I found this on the Olive Garden website. I've tweaked it slightly for our taste. My husband and I both love anything with lobster and anything with pasta. I purchase Lobster Tails when my market puts them on sale and take them home and freeze them until time comes to make this wonderful dish.
- 2 lobsters (1.5 lbs each) or 2 lobster tails
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium vidalia onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 5 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- HEAT water in a very large stock pot until boiling.
- PLACE 1 lobster, head first, into boiling water. Allow to boil for 10 minutes. Remove from water and allow to cool slightly. Repeat process for other lobster. Once lobsters are cool enough to handle, cut lobsters in half lengthwise. * IF USING lobster tails, place both into boiling water. Allow to boil for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from water and allow to cool slightly.
- COMBINE onion, garlic, and extra virgin olive oil in a separate large pan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add crushed red pepper, white wine, sherry, and the halved lobsters OR lobster tails. Cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove lobsters from the sauce.
- TWIST off two front claws where they join the body. Using the back of a knife, crack claws and remove meat from tail and body. * IF USING lobster tails, remove the meat from the shells. If desired, cut the lobster tails into large chunks.
- ADD spinach, tomatoes, and butter to sauce. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Add lobster tail and claw meat. Allow to cook for and additional 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- COAT cooked, drained pasta with the sauce, transfer to large bowl (or individual dishes), top with lobster and remaining sauce.