Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This is the most requested dish at the 1831 Zachariah Eddy House Bed & Breakfast House according to bbonline.com. This is also the Bed and Breakfast's signature dish. Time does not include overnight refrigeation time.
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices white bread (cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- Grease a 10" square casserole or soufflé dish.
- Arrange the seafood, cheese and bread into layers in the prepared dish.
- Pour the melted butter over the mixture.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs. Add the mustard, salt and milk, mixing well.
- Pour the casserole and let sit for 3 hours or overnight.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 1 hour.