Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My family loves these. They are worth the trouble.
Make and share this Lobster Scallion Shooters recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots
- 1 stalk lemongrass, minced
- 2 ounces fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 lb lobster meat, chipped fine
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 32 pieces dumpling wrappers
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 3 cups peanut oil
- In a medium saucepan, sauté in sesame oil the garlic, shallots, lemongrass and ginger until slightly browned. Remove from heat and transfer to mixing bowl. Fold in the lobster meat, soy sauce, sambal, scallions, mint and basil.
- Lay out dumpling wrappers evenly on a flat surface, then brush a thin layer of egg on each wrapper. Place a small amount of the mixture in the center of the wrapper. Fold the edges of the wrappers up around the mixture and squeeze the edges to seal the dumpling. Deep fry dumplings in 350°F peanut oil until golden brown.