1 hr 30 mins
This dish is a wonderful way to sample the "High-End" of Low Country cuisine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove lobster claws and knuckles, crack them open and reserve meat.
- 2Using heavy kitchen shears, cut a long 1 1/2-inch- wide rectangle out of the top of each lobster body, extending from about 2 inches behind eyes to about 1 inch from tail.
- 3Keeping body in one piece, carefully pry meat from tail, and set aside.
- 4In a large skillet, saute pepper and onion in butter; add mushrooms and flour.
- 5Heat half-and-half separately and add gradually to keep consistency smooth.
- 6Stir in pimiento, salt and white pepper to taste.
- 7Cut lobsters in half; remove meat and cut into small pieces.
- 8Add lobster meat and sherry to sauce and heat through.
- 9Scoop into lobster shells.
- 10Top with grated cheese.
- 11Put under oven broiler for a few minutes to brown.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Savannah
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.5
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 169.4 mg
- Sodium 522.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 20.5 g