Recipe by Porfavorcorona
This dish is a wonderful way to sample the "High-End" of Low Country cuisine.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small white onion
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons pimiento
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 4 lobsters, boiled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove lobster claws and knuckles, crack them open and reserve meat.
- Using heavy kitchen shears, cut a long 1 1/2-inch- wide rectangle out of the top of each lobster body, extending from about 2 inches behind eyes to about 1 inch from tail.
- Keeping body in one piece, carefully pry meat from tail, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute pepper and onion in butter; add mushrooms and flour.
- Heat half-and-half separately and add gradually to keep consistency smooth.
- Stir in pimiento, salt and white pepper to taste.
- Cut lobsters in half; remove meat and cut into small pieces.
- Add lobster meat and sherry to sauce and heat through.
- Scoop into lobster shells.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Put under oven broiler for a few minutes to brown.