1/2 Photos of Lobster Salad With Curried Mango Dressing
When you want to put on the "dog" but not the fat, try this colorful salad.Not only is it colorful but downright pretty - serve with fresh bread, pitas or water wafers, if you choose. Bon Appetit The original recipe calls for 2 tsp of curry powder and the reviewers and I agree that this was too much. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 mango, flesh removed
- 1/3 cup mango nectar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (use a little to begin with, you can also add to it)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- white pepper
- 8 ounces French haricots vert or 8 ounces other green beans, cut in half
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- white pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs cooked lobster tail meat, sliced into medallions
- 16 yellow baby plum tomatoes or 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1Place first 5 ingredients in blender (through curry powder); blend until smooth --
- 2Stir in chives and shallots.
- 3Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- 4*Can be prepared 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.
- 5Bring heavy large saucepan of water to boil.
- 6Add beans and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- 7Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowl of cold water;. drain.
- 8Repeat process with asparagus.
- 9Cut asparagus, beans, bell pepper, greens and cilantro in large bowl.
- 10Drizzle some dressing over and toss lightly.
- 11Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- 12Arrange salad on plates.
- 13Fan lobster decoratively.
- 14Garnish with tomatoes and drizzle remaining dressing over.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Salad With Curried Mango Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.3
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 243.3 mg
- Sodium 836.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens