When you want to put on the "dog" but not the fat, try this colorful salad.Not only is it colorful but downright pretty - serve with fresh bread, pitas or water wafers, if you choose. Bon Appetit The original recipe calls for 2 tsp of curry powder and the reviewers and I agree that this was too much. ;)
- 1⁄2 mango, flesh removed
- 1⁄3 cup mango nectar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (use a little to begin with, you can also add to it)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- white pepper
- 8 ounces French haricots vert or 8 ounces other green beans, cut in half
- 8 ounces asparagus
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- white pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cooked lobster tail meat, sliced into medallions
- 16 yellow baby plum tomatoes or 16 cherry tomatoes
- Place first 5 ingredients in blender (through curry powder); blend until smooth --
- Stir in chives and shallots.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- *Can be prepared 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.
- Bring heavy large saucepan of water to boil.
- Add beans and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowl of cold water;. drain.
- Repeat process with asparagus.
- Cut asparagus, beans, bell pepper, greens and cilantro in large bowl.
- Drizzle some dressing over and toss lightly.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Arrange salad on plates.
- Fan lobster decoratively.
- Garnish with tomatoes and drizzle remaining dressing over.