Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious salad was served at a dinner party. I believe it comes from a restaurant in Chicago, Illinois.
- 4 lbs lobster meat, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 0.5 (25 lb) watermelon, flesh cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 0.5 (6 lb) cantaloupe, flesh cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 plums, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 large tomatoes, ripeut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 ears corn, kernels removed and blanched
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stemmed and chopped
- 2 cups vegetable oil (grapeseed oil)
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fine kosher salt
- Blend oil, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Combine, lobster, fruits, tomatoes, corn, and basil in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season with salt.
- Chill until ready to serve.