Recipe by mollypaul
A favorite summertime main-dish salad from the scenic Northeast. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- 4 cups lobsters, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup oil-and-vinegar dressing, more as needed (French Dressing (Not Catalina Style), your own recipe or store bought)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (use a good quality, such as Hellman's)
- 1 egg, hard cooked and sliced
- salad greens
- capers, for garnish
- stuffed olives, sliced for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut lobster in small pieces and mix well with celery, salt and paprika.
- Marinate in dressing and chill thoroughly.
- Place salad greens on a chilled platter and pile the lobster in the center.
- Cover with mayonnaise and garnish with egg, capers and olives.