Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lobster is the best seafood out there :P
Make and share this Lobster Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked lobster meat
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lobster coral (optional)
- lettuce, to serve
- In a med bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard and sugar. Whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream until the dressing is smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the lobster and toss gently to mix. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Drain the lobster. Mix in the shallot, celery, bell pepper, mayo, and coral, if using. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Line a platter with the lettuce, spoon the lobster mixture on top, and serve.
I was a little skeptical to use the red wine vinegar because I was afraid that it would over power the lobster. Unfortunately, I was correct. I might as well have used tuna fish because you couldn't taste the lobster at all. We we're totally disappointed and feel we wasted 2 lobster tails.