Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My first lobster roll! (I was compelled to make it on French bread due to where I reside, otherwise the family would have thought me delusional.)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked lobsters, tails (about 4 tails) or 1 1⁄2 lbs lobster meat (about 4 tails)
- 1⁄2 cup helllman's mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I reduced and added a pinch of zest)
- 2 celery, inner stalks and leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (your choice) or 2 tablespoons chopped chives (your choice)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 4 rolls, split and lightly toasted
- Remove the meat from the lobsters, chopping any large chunks into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, combine the lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, parsley or chives and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place lobster salad in refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the salad to absorb the flavorings.
- Toss the butter and garlic into a large saute pan and melt the butter. When the butter is melted, bubbly and very aromatic, remove the garlic clove and discard it. Add the rolls, face down, to the pan and cook in the garlic butter until golden. Flip rolls over to the other side and cooking until golden and cripsy.
- Add the lobster filling to inside of the rolls and serve.