My first lobster roll! (I was compelled to make it on French bread due to where I reside, otherwise the family would have thought me delusional.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked lobsters, tails (about 4 tails) or 1 1/2 lbs lobster meat (about 4 tails)
- 1/2 cup helllman's mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I reduced and added a pinch of zest)
- 2 celery, inner stalks and leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (your choice) or 2 tablespoons chopped chives (your choice)
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 4 rolls, split and lightly toasted
- 1Remove the meat from the lobsters, chopping any large chunks into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, combine the lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, parsley or chives and salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Place lobster salad in refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the salad to absorb the flavorings.
- 3Toss the butter and garlic into a large saute pan and melt the butter. When the butter is melted, bubbly and very aromatic, remove the garlic clove and discard it. Add the rolls, face down, to the pan and cook in the garlic butter until golden. Flip rolls over to the other side and cooking until golden and cripsy.
- 4Add the lobster filling to inside of the rolls and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.9
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 254.3 mg
- Sodium 1357.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 34.4 g