Recipe by Lee Ann #2
Saw this recipe on Food tv and i wanted to put it here so i wouldn't loose it Lobster Roll 2008, Ellie Krieger, All rights reserved See this recipe on air Saturday Aug. 09 at 1:30 PM ET/PT. Show: Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger Episode: Treat Yourself Good
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt or 2⁄3 cup regular plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion top (about 1 scallion)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat (about 2 1/2 cups) or 1 lb cooked shrimp, cut into 1/3-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat frankfurter buns
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- If using regular yogurt, place it in a strainer lined with paper towel and set the strainer over a bowl. Let the yogurt drain and thicken for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together the thickened or Greek-style yogurt, mayonnaise, celery, scallion and lemon juice. Fold in the lobster meat and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to use. Just before serving, open the hot dog buns and brush the inside with olive oil. Heat a grill pan over moderately high heat and grill the bread, cut side down, until toasted, about 3 minutes. Fill each with 3/4 cup of the lobster mixture and serve immediately.