The Lime Aioli is a great compliment for seafood and vegetables. Found this on hgtv.com/hgtv it looked so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup very light olive oil
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, zest of
- 4 pita bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 boston lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 8 ounces cooked lobster meat, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 8 marinated artichoke hearts, drained & quarterd
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill (optional)
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1PREPARE SAUCE:.
- 2Mix the egg yolk, garlic, salt and lemon juice in food processor or blender until thick and creamy.
- 3Slowly drizzle one-third of the oil into the garlic/yolk mixture, blending all the while, until the sauce thickens.
- 4Gradually add the remaining oil until all is incorporated and the sauce is quite thick.
- 5Thin the mixture with warm water, if necessary.
- 6Correct the seasoning, adding more salt or lemon juice and a little pepper.
- 7Add the finely grated zest of one lime.
- 8LOBSTER ROLL WITH LIME AIOLI:.
- 9Spread butter on the inside of the pitas and line with two lettuce leaves.
- 10In a small bowl combine the aioli, lobster, celery, arichoke hearts and dill, if using.
- 11Fill the pitas with the lobster mixture.
- 12Garnish with chives.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Roll With Lime Aioli
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1004.2
- Calories from Fat 660
- Total Fat 73.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 349.2 mg
- Sodium 1023.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of