Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Lime Aioli is a great compliment for seafood and vegetables. Found this on hgtv.com/hgtv it looked so good.
- 5 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup very light olive oil
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 lime, zest of
- 4 pita bread
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 boston lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 8 ounces cooked lobster meat, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 8 marinated artichoke hearts, drained & quarterd
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill (optional)
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- PREPARE SAUCE:.
- Mix the egg yolk, garlic, salt and lemon juice in food processor or blender until thick and creamy.
- Slowly drizzle one-third of the oil into the garlic/yolk mixture, blending all the while, until the sauce thickens.
- Gradually add the remaining oil until all is incorporated and the sauce is quite thick.
- Thin the mixture with warm water, if necessary.
- Correct the seasoning, adding more salt or lemon juice and a little pepper.
- Add the finely grated zest of one lime.
- LOBSTER ROLL WITH LIME AIOLI:.
- Spread butter on the inside of the pitas and line with two lettuce leaves.
- In a small bowl combine the aioli, lobster, celery, arichoke hearts and dill, if using.
- Fill the pitas with the lobster mixture.
- Garnish with chives.