Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Putting here to make soon, so I haven't actually made it yet - but I have faith in it and can't wait to try! It came from icancookthat.org blog. Went looking for Saffron Cream sauce recipe after discovering it today (served on grilled Mahi-Mahi, sauteed spinach, and gnocchi)
- Make the pasta according to directions --
- While waiting for the water to boil, make the sauce:
- Add butter to a saute pan over medium-low heat. Add the shallot and cook for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the wine, stirring until the wine evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cream and saffron, lower heat and simmer.
- Cook until the sauce has reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Add the cooked ravioli to the saute pan and stir to coat.
- Add the ravioli to a plate and spoon with more sauce. Garnish with a little cayenne pepper if you like some heat and some chives.