1/1 Photo of Lobster Ravioli With a Light Tomato Vodka Sauce
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This sauce is a modification of a pink vodka sauce that I made to go with the lobster ravioli for my family's Christmas Eve Dinner. I find that in alot of restaurants, the vodka sauce is quite a heavy and creamy. This is my creation to try and keep the sauce a little lighter, as well as compliment the lobster ravioli. I realize that lobster ravioli, at least for me, is quite a decadent treat. Please feel free to use this sauce for any pasta, as it goes quite well with them all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 dozen lobster ravioli, frozen
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian plum tomatoes, with their liquid (preferably San Marzano)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed (don't worry, it tastes great!)
- hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated, to garnish
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1Bring salted pasta water to a boil in a large stock pot over high heat.
- 2For the sauce: Pour the tomatoes and their liquid into a food processor, and pulse until tomatoes are finely chopped.
- 3Or finely chop the tomatoes by hand if no food processor is available.
- 4Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add the crushed garlic cloves to the hot oil to coat the garlic cloves.
- 6Cook until garlic is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- 7Next, carefully add the finely chopped tomatoes.
- 8Bring tomatoes to a boil and add salt to taste, and crushed red pepper.
- 9(don't be shy here, a little heat is nice!) Let the tomato mixture cook about 2 minutes more, then add the vodka.
- 10Lower the heat and simmer the sauce for about 6 minutes, or until the pasta is finished cooking, then add the cream.
- 11Stir in the fresh basil.
- 12Cook the lobster ravioli, (or pasta of your choice) in the boiling salted water until al dente.
- 13If your choose, remove the garlic cloves from the sauce.
- 14Drain pasta and mix in a serving bowl with 3/4 of the sauce.
- 15Note: I find that I have a portion of the sauce leftover when I make 3 dozen ravioli.
- 16Please sauce your pasta of choice to taste, and enjoy the leftovers!
- 17Pasta may be topped with grated cheese and chopped parsley before serving.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Ravioli With a Light Tomato Vodka Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 140.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: