2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is from Martha W. Murphy's The Bed & Breakfast Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the crust. Mix together the flour and salt.
- 2Using a pastry fork cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse sand. Mix in just enough ice water to form a ball.
- 3Wrap the pastry in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Roll out the chilled dough on a lightly floured board the line pie pan with the pastry. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 5Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- 6Finely chop the onion and saute in a little butter. Once onion is almost clear, crush the galic and stir in; then remove from heat.
- 7In a large bowl, beat the eggs thoroughly.
- 8Add the half-and-half and beat again.
- 9Stir in the lobster meat, Swiss cheese and Cheddar cheese.
- 10Add the onion and garlic, dry mustard, herbs, salt and pepper to the lobster mixture and combine thoroughly.
- 11Pour into a pie crust that is lining a 9-inch quiche pan.
- 12Bake for 45 minutes or until the quiche is set.
- 13Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.2
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 167.0 mg
- Sodium 677.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: