Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from Martha W. Murphy's The Bed & Breakfast Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups lobster meat, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the crust. Mix together the flour and salt.
- Using a pastry fork cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse sand. Mix in just enough ice water to form a ball.
- Wrap the pastry in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out the chilled dough on a lightly floured board the line pie pan with the pastry. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Finely chop the onion and saute in a little butter. Once onion is almost clear, crush the galic and stir in; then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs thoroughly.
- Add the half-and-half and beat again.
- Stir in the lobster meat, Swiss cheese and Cheddar cheese.
- Add the onion and garlic, dry mustard, herbs, salt and pepper to the lobster mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Pour into a pie crust that is lining a 9-inch quiche pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the quiche is set.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.