Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Chef Allen's in Adventura, FL.
- 12 ounces cooked lobster meat
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked corn kernel
- 1 cup diced chayotes or 1 cup mirliton (may substitute zucchini or squash)
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 12 8 inch tortillas
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients.
- Add the green onions and next 5 ingredients; stir to mix.
- Fold in the sour cream and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Butter on side of each tortilla.
- Turn the tortilla butter side down and sprinkle tortillas evenly with 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spread about 1/2 cup lobster filling over the lower half of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle tortillas with the remaining 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Fold the top half of the tortillas down over the filling.
- Place tortillas on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove quesadillas from oven and cut each in half.
- Serve hot.