Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
From About.com's Home Cooking blog: "This delicious seafood dish is somewhere in between a souffle and a mousse. Elegant enough for any occasion, yet easy to make. You may make individual lobster puff servings by using single-serving ramekins. Reduce the cooking time accordingly. Try substituting crab or shrimp for the lobster for a less expensive dish."
- 3 tablespoons granulated tapioca
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked lobster meat, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter or grease an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish or equivalent round baking dish.
- In the top of a double boiler, stir tapioca and milk until tapioca is clear and transparent.
- Remove from heat.
- Add lobster, salt, paprika, lemon juice, and beaten egg yolks, stirring to combine. Fold in stiff egg whites. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake 40 minutes or until firm.
- Serve hot.