Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A round loaf hot appetizer filled with a creamy lobster dip.
- 2 cups cooked lobster meat, chopped
- 1 loaf unsliced round bread
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice top off loaf of bread.
- Scoop out inside of bread, leaving a 1" shell.
- Reserve bread and cut into cubes for dipping, wrap in plastic wrap until ready to use.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, worcestershire sauce, tabasco sauce, and garlic with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in grated cheddar cheese, green onion, and lobster.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and blend well.
- Fill bread shell with the lobster mixture and place top on bread loaf.
- Wrap completely in tin foil and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 1 hour until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with bread cubes, crackers or fresh veggies for dipping.
I cannot believe no one has rated this recipe yet....My dd had a business trip in Maine and NH and sent me back some luscious lobster meat...I made this dip to take to our euchre club and it was a big hit....I bet it would be good even with the fake lobster....everyone should give this one a try...