Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups lobster stock
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups cooked maine lobster meat, cut into chunks
- white pepper
- 3 cups soft french breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a 3-quart saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter and add in the flour, whisking until it is smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually add in the lobster stock, whisking until the bisque is smooth and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add in sherry and cream, and bring mixture to a boil.
- Decrease heat to low and add the lobster meat.
- Taste the sauce, and adjust seasoning with salt and white pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375°; place bread crumbs, cheese, and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and toss the mixture to coat the crumbs with butter.
- Pour the lobster and sauce into a 9-inch round casserole that is 2 ½ inches deep.
- Top casserole with the crumb mixture; bake for 20 minutes, or until the breadcrumbs are toasted and golden brown.