Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple recipe but oh so tasty!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 lb lobsters or 3⁄4 lb crabmeat
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Mix first four ingredients.
- Stir in lobster, s&p.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Melt butter and add bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle over crab mixture.
- Sprinkle w/ a few dashes of paprika.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes or so before serving.
- Serve with a green salad or steamed asparagus with rosemary butter.
This was a good easy recipe and I did it with crabmeat. I think next time I make this I would add some chopped green onion or chives, I felt it lacked that little extra oomph, or maybe even some sour cream instead of all cream. I used a mild paprika and maybe that should have been a hot or a smoked paprika. I served this with a green salad.
My hubby and I liked this recipe ok, but it was lacking in flavor for us. I added more butter and some lemon juice, to give added flavor.
I added a little dry sherry and used puffed pastry for the top-baked in individual ramekins. Wonderful susan