Julie in TX's Note:
This is a really yummy recipe which was created by Chef Stephen Pyle at the Routh Street Cafe in Dallas. It is sooooo good. As you will see from the ingredients list, this is not your typical Tex-Mex dish. It takes Tex-Mex to another level!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced & roasted
- 4 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1/2 poblano chile, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, minced
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 5 ounces lobster meat, cooked and chopped
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4 flour tortillas, room temperature (6 inch)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 mangoes, ripe, peeled & seeded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1In a large bowl, combine the cheeses with the garlic, onion, poblano and bell peppers, cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Carefully blend in lobster and papaya. Spread some lobster mixture over half of each tortilla and fold over. Brush each tortilla with the melted butter. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the quesadillas for about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown on each side.
- 2MANGO CREAM.
- 3Using your hands, squeeze the juice from the mango pulp into a bowl. Discard the juice. Put the remaining pulp into a food processor and puree until smooth. Add the sour cream and lemon juice and blend to incorporate, scraping down the sides with a spatula as necessary.
- 4To serve, cut each quesadilla into 3 triangles and serve with the mango cream.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster -papaya Quesadillas With Mango Cream
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.2
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 669.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 18.6 g