Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe from the Dayton's-Hudson's- and Marshall Field's cookbook. This one was submitted by Leny Sanders of Marshall Field's. It's sinfully delicious, and very easy.
- 59.16 ml butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 59.14 ml diced red bell pepper
- 59.16 ml flour
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 453.59 g lobsters or 453.59 g crabmeat
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml fresh breadcrumb
- 14.79 ml grated parmesan cheese
- In lg skillet, melt butter; saute shallot and red pepper.
- Add flour and stir until mixed; add broth and sherry.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add lobster or crab and half and half.
- Do not boil, but let this mixture heat through.
- Spoon into 1 qt casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Place under broiler until breadcrumbs are light brown.
Made this for Valentine's Day for my hubby. We loved it! Because it was a little bland, I added 1/8 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper, and 1 tsp salt. It was a hit in my house. It actually made enough for 4 servings, so we warmed it up for lunch and it was just as good the second time around!!
Made this for the August 2008 Seafood Photo Challenge. This is super easy and quick! I did not have anything prepped other than the pre-cooked lobster and crab meat that I used. Dinner was done and being served just at 30 minutes! Other than the fact I had to mix the lobster & crab (limited availability where I am) I did make as written. It did seem a bit lacking in a little flavor so I did season the bread crumbs with a little Old Bay Seasoning. Perfect! DH had 2 large helpings and said it reminded him of our trip to Maine. Thanks MizzNezz for another recipe that will be a great classic for us!
Made this for my DH (who doesn't like crab) and friend (who does). We all liked it a lot - I doubled everything and served some green peas on the side. Could have used some salt. Next time will try the Old Bay seasoning. Oh, I used 2 single serving size bags of lump crab and about 2/3 lb. of shrimp. Will def. make again... thanks!