1/5 Photos of Lobster or Crab Bisque
1 hr 5 mins
Rich and delicious seafood bisque! I use chicken broth because it's cheap and easy to find, but if you are so inclined, you could use fresh lobster stock or 3 ounces of Glace de Fruits de Mer Gold reconstituted in 4 cups of hot water.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup carrot, minced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 lb raw lobsters, chopped or 1/2 lb lump crabmeat
- 1Saute onion and carrot in 2 tablespoons butter until soft. Set aside.
- 2In 4 quart saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter and add flour, whisking constantly over medium heat until roux becomes light brown (about 5 minutes). DO NOT BURN!
- 3Slowly add chicken broth, whisking constantly to ensure mixture stays smooth.
- 4Add onions and carrots, cover, and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- 5Add cream, sherry, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, and lobster or crab and simmer an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6Garnish with fresh minced chives if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster or Crab Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.9
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 633.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.4 g