Recipe by TheDancingCook
This the only way we make our tails. We even freeze our buns off in the winter time, cooking these tails out on the patio grill.
Top Review by Chef53Kathy
These were really good, simple to make, not a bunch of steps to follow. I used unsalted butter as we like the taste of the lobster over the taste of salt froam salted butter. Will make these again.
Directions See How It's Made
- For 16 oz tails: have store crack or split each tail in half.
- Cut bottom side of tail off (skin & hard pieces, not points).
- Cover and grill on medium for 7 minutes, shell side down.
- Baste with butter, lemon juice and garlic salt 5 or 6 times.
- Turn and grill with cover down another 7 or 8 minutes until done, don't baste.
- *For 8 or 9 oz tails: crack yourself by bending (hard side of tail down) so they will lay flat while grilling.
- Cut skin & cut hard pieces but don't cut off points.
- Follow above cooking directions.
- Serve with browned butter, potato and coleslaw.