This the only way we make our tails. We even freeze our buns off in the winter time, cooking these tails out on the patio grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For 16 oz tails: have store crack or split each tail in half.
- 2Cut bottom side of tail off (skin & hard pieces, not points).
- 3Cover and grill on medium for 7 minutes, shell side down.
- 4Baste with butter, lemon juice and garlic salt 5 or 6 times.
- 5Turn and grill with cover down another 7 or 8 minutes until done, don't baste.
- 6*For 8 or 9 oz tails: crack yourself by bending (hard side of tail down) so they will lay flat while grilling.
- 7Cut skin & cut hard pieces but don't cut off points.
- 8Follow above cooking directions.
- 9Serve with browned butter, potato and coleslaw.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster on the Barbie
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.7
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 280.6 mg
- Sodium 728.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 47.1 g