Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This the only way we make our tails. We even freeze our buns off in the winter time, cooking these tails out on the patio grill.
- For 16 oz tails: have store crack or split each tail in half.
- Cut bottom side of tail off (skin & hard pieces, not points).
- Cover and grill on medium for 7 minutes, shell side down.
- Baste with butter, lemon juice and garlic salt 5 or 6 times.
- Turn and grill with cover down another 7 or 8 minutes until done, don't baste.
- *For 8 or 9 oz tails: crack yourself by bending (hard side of tail down) so they will lay flat while grilling.
- Cut skin & cut hard pieces but don't cut off points.
- Follow above cooking directions.
- Serve with browned butter, potato and coleslaw.
These were really good, simple to make, not a bunch of steps to follow. I used unsalted butter as we like the taste of the lobster over the taste of salt froam salted butter. Will make these again.