Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made mine with a can of frozen lobster from Costco. This fantastic recipe is for 2, but can easily be doubled, tripled to serve to your friend and family.
- 2 lobster tails, cooked
- 10 large shrimp, cut in half
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup frozen green pea (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 10 slices frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- Cut up lobster meat.
- Cook potatoes and carrots in a bit of water in the microwave.
- Drain and save the water.
- In a saucepan melt butter; sweat onions and garlic; add shrimps.
- Whisk in flour and cook 4 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with sherry and whisk in reserve vegetable broth and chicken broth.
- Stir in peas and cream.
- Remove from heat and add lobster, lemon juice, cooked vegetables, chives, tarragon, Old Bay.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer filling to a dish and top with Phyllo dough one slice at a time; brush on melted butter.
- Place pot pie on cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Before baking you can refrigerate it and bake it later.
- Tip.: Allow Phillo dough to thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before using. Fillo may be rolled and refrozen till next time you need Phillo.