Recipe by Leslie in Texas
These are sinfully rich and delicious! Two crepes per person is enough except for those challenging a world record! Perfect for an elegant brunch, lunch, or special dinner. Originally from a December 1978 issue of Bon Apetit.
- 8 crepes
- 5 cups lobster meat, cooked and chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 3 cups whipping cream (or half and half)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 cup dry sherry (or Madiera)
- 1 1⁄3 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in top of double boiler.
- Add cream and paprika and heat over simmering water.
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl.
- Stir a little of the cream mixture into yolks before adding them to the cream mixture, beating constantly with a whisk.
- Add sherry or Madiera and continue cooking slowly, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper and stir in lobster meat; remove from heat.
- Butter a small shallow baking dish.
- Using a slotted spoon place some of the lobster and a little sauce across the middle of each crepe.
- Roll up crepes and place, seam side down, in baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over crepes, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To cook, sprinkle crepes with cheese and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until heated through.