Leslie in Texas's Note:
These are sinfully rich and delicious! Two crepes per person is enough except for those challenging a world record! Perfect for an elegant brunch, lunch, or special dinner. Originally from a December 1978 issue of Bon Apetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in top of double boiler.
- 2Add cream and paprika and heat over simmering water.
- 3Beat egg yolks in a small bowl.
- 4Stir a little of the cream mixture into yolks before adding them to the cream mixture, beating constantly with a whisk.
- 5Add sherry or Madiera and continue cooking slowly, stirring until sauce thickens.
- 6Season to taste with salt and white pepper and stir in lobster meat; remove from heat.
- 7Butter a small shallow baking dish.
- 8Using a slotted spoon place some of the lobster and a little sauce across the middle of each crepe.
- 9Roll up crepes and place, seam side down, in baking dish.
- 10Spoon remaining sauce over crepes, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 11To cook, sprinkle crepes with cheese and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Newburg Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1360.6
- Calories from Fat 997
- Total Fat 110.8 g
- Saturated Fat 65.8 g
- Cholesterol 901.3 mg
- Sodium 777.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: