Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light. May 1995. This would be good with crab too.
Make and share this Lobster-Mango Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 3⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped seeded serrano chili
- 3 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 head Belgian endive (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) lobsters, cooked
- 8 cups gourmet salad greens
- 32 slices peeled jicama (9 x 1/2 x 1/8-inch strips)
- 24 asparagus spears, steamed and chilled
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well.
- Combine 3 tablespoons juice mixture, mango, onion, chile, and mint in a bowl, and stir well. Set mango mixture aside.
- Separate endive into leaves, reserving 12 outer leaves. Thinly slice the remaining leaves; set aside.
- Remove meat from lobster tails and claws; set claw meat aside. Thinly slice tail meat; set aside.
- Drizzle 1/3 cup juice mixture over the salad greens, and toss gently to coat.
- Divide greens evenly among 4 salad plates. Arrange 3 endive leaves, 8 jicama strips, and 6 asparagus spears on 1 side of each plate.
- Arrange claw meat on other side of each plate. Spoon 1/2 cup mango mixture in center of each plate. Arrange tail slices, overlapping, on top of mango mixture.
- Drizzle remaining juice mixture evenly over lobster meat. Sprinkle pepper over salads, and garnish with sliced endive.
A burst of flavor and textures! Love the citrus dressing without oil. I used less red onion. Thanks for a fantastic recipe that makes the lobster the star, not covered by a sauce or coating.