Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Awesome oooey goooey goodness with lobster to boot! Enjoy with dry champagne.
- 1⁄4 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups cooked lobster meat (I used 4 large lobster claws)
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta to al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Whisk in flour, mustard, and onion powder. Keep it moving for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in seafood stock, milk, bay leaf, and paprika. Simmer for ten minutes and then remove bay leaf.
- Temper in the egg. Stir in the velveeta and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until velveeta is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Fold lobster meat and macaroni into the mix and pour into casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and then panko.
- Spray with Pam cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes in 400 degree oven. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.