We went to Capital Grille and had the most wonderful dish ever made. This is us trying to duplicate it. I think we come pretty close.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (we used more "designer" looking noodles)
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 lb lobster meat, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Bring salted water to boil and add noodles. Cook 8 - 10 minutes (do not overcook). in a double boiler, combine cheddar cheese, 4 oz. parmesan cheese, cream cheese and Gruyere cheeses. Heat until blended.
- Gradually add cream, stirring until smooth.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil, add shallots and garlic. Saute. Add lobster meat and cook until opaque. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta. Add to lobster mix, then add cheese sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place in casserole dish, sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 6-8 minutes until breadcrumbs are golden brown.