1/1 Photo of Lobster Mac & Cheese
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- kosher salt
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta or 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 quart milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 ounces gruyere cheese, grated (4 cups)
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated (2 cups)
- 4 ounces blue cheese, such as Roquefort, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked lobster meat
- 1 1/2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs (5 slices, crusts removed)
- 1Try Ina's variation on this dish with lobster!
- 2Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- 3Drizzle oil into a large pot of boiling salted water.
- 4Add pasta and cook according to the directions on the package, 6 to 8 minutes; drain well.
- 5Meanwhile, heat the milk in a small saucepan, but don’t boil it. In a large pot, melt 6 tablespoons of butter and add the flour.
- 6Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk.
- 7Still whisking, add the hot milk to form a thick and creamy sauce, and cook for a minute or two more until thickened and smooth.
- 8Off the heat, add the Gruyere, cheddar, Roquefort, 1 tablespoon salt, the pepper, nutmeg and crushed red pepper flakes, if using.
- 9Add the cooked macaroni and lobster and stir well.
- 10Place the mixture in 6 to 8 individual gratin dishes.
- 11Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, combine them with the fresh breadcrumbs, and sprinkle on the top.
- 12Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the macaroni is browned on the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Mac & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1155.4
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 36.1 g
- Cholesterol 261.3 mg
- Sodium 1282.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 70.9 g