1/1 Photo of Lobster Mac and Cheese
Chef mariajane's Note:
Now that lobster season in Atlantic Canada is in full swing, here is a very trendy dish using this popular shellfish to serve at your next dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 3 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 cups aged white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUMB TOPPING
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1 cup regular breadcrumbs
- 1 ounce smoked bacon
- 1 ounce parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
INGREDIENTS FOR LOBSTER AND NOODLES
- 1SAUCE: In a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and shallot to butter and cook for 1 minute. Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon until a roux is formed. Gently whisk in milk, 1 cup at a time, being sure to work out any lumps.
- 2Add bay leaf and nutmeg and let slow simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. Stir in cheeses and seasoning and continue cooking and stirring until cheese is completely melted and incorporated.
- 3CRUMB TOPPING: Place all crumb topping ingredients in a food processor and mix on low speed until bacon is fully incorprated.
- 4NOODLES: In a large pot of boiling water (not salted), cook noodles until al dente. Strain noodles from water.
- 5TO ASSEMBLE: Add noodles into sauce with lobster and bacon. Place in a casserole dish and top with crumb mixture. Bake in a 350F oven until crumb topping is golden. Remove from oven and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1176.1
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 364.5 mg
- Sodium 2435.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 80.3 g