This unique recipe, created by chef Billy Grant, was named one of the top sandwiches in America by Esquire magazine. Billy suggests serving it with onion rings, local corn, and a green salad. This also makes a great appetizer, just cut into 1" squares and secure w/ a party-pick. If you need to substitute the cheese, I would consider fontina or anything you like that isn't too sharp. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter both sides of each bread slice and place cheese-lobster-cheese on bread and make a sandwich.
- 2Toast the sandwich (on the buttered side) until golden brown on both sides.
- 3Place in a 400°F oven for a few minutes until cheese melts.
- 4Allow to cool a minute, then enjoy!
- 5*All the meat from a 1 1/4-pound lobster—ask your local fish market to steam the lobster and remove the meat for you! If fresh lobster is not available, you can substitute high-quality frozen lobster.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Grilled Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.5
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 239.6 mg
- Sodium 1188.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 37.4 g