Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This unique recipe, created by chef Billy Grant, was named one of the top sandwiches in America by Esquire magazine. Billy suggests serving it with onion rings, local corn, and a green salad. This also makes a great appetizer, just cut into 1" squares and secure w/ a party-pick. If you need to substitute the cheese, I would consider fontina or anything you like that isn't too sharp. Enjoy!
- Butter both sides of each bread slice and place cheese-lobster-cheese on bread and make a sandwich.
- Toast the sandwich (on the buttered side) until golden brown on both sides.
- Place in a 400°F oven for a few minutes until cheese melts.
- Allow to cool a minute, then enjoy!
- *All the meat from a 1 1/4-pound lobster—ask your local fish market to steam the lobster and remove the meat for you! If fresh lobster is not available, you can substitute high-quality frozen lobster.