Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in the ADA's Easy & Elegant Entrees. This is good and a nice change for a good meal, low in sugar & fat.
- 2 cups shelled lobster meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat margarine
- 3⁄4 lb button mushroom, cooked & sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or 2 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
- parsley sprig, chopped garnish
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground coarse black pepper, to taste
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan; add the mushrooms, garlic powder, & onion powder.
- Saute 5-6 minutes.
- Whisk the milk and flour in a small bowl, whisking quickly to eliminate any lumps.
- Pour the milk mixture into the mushroom mixture; mix thoroughly, and continue cooking 3-4 minutes.
- Add the lobster, paprika, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking 5-10 minutes until lobster is heated through.
- Spread rice or pasta onto a serving platter.
- Spoon lobster and sauce over the top.
- Garnish with parsley & then serve.