Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is Shamna K.V.'s recipe from the Thursday magazine dated 9/11/06. Enjoy!
- 1 medium lobster
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 20 curry leaves, washed and torn
- oil, as required
- Fill half a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add some salt to it and the lobster making sure the fish is completely submerged.
- Cook the fish for 5 minutes for the first kg and 2 extra minutes for every additional kg.
- If the antenna pulls out easily, the fish is cooked.
- A properly cooked lobster meat is creamy white and the shells are bright red.
- Allow the fish to cool.
- Remove lobster meat from the shell.
- Cut the tail in half lengthwise.
- Keep shell intact and carefully remove the meat from it.
- Mix the masala powders, salt, ginger-garlic paste and lime juice in a bowl.
- Add pepper powder and mix.
- Add the lobster pieces to it and mix.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add curry leaves and marinated lobster pieces.
- Shallow fry on both sides till cooked.
- Dip the tail into the marinade and fry till it is lightly browned.
- Let the fried tail dry on paper towels.
- Now stuff the fried meat into the shell and garnish with fresh veggies.
- Serve hot with rotis.