Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this a while back from our city newspaper.
- 8 small red potatoes, whole
- 1⁄2 gallon white wine
- 1⁄2 gallon water
- 2 cups clam juice
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 cups butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 whole live lobsters, 1 lb each
- 12 black mussels
- 12 manila clams or 12 littleneck clams
- 16 -20 shrimp (count per pound)
- 2 ears corn on the cob, cut in half
- Boil potatoes until half way cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In large stockpot, combine white wine, water and clam juice, parsley, garlic, butter, crushed chilies, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Add lobsters to boiling liquid and cover; cook for 6 minutes.
- Add mussels, clams, shrimp, corn halves and half-boiled potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, and cook for an additional 6 minutes.
- Take the lobster out of the pot, crack the claws and split the tail, discard the rest of the lobster.
- Add lobster claws and tail to a large bowl and spoon remaining ingredients into the bowl.
- Add the cooked wine broth.
- Serve with buttery garlic bread.