Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a little different since there are no potatoes in this chowder. The recipe comes from The Manor on Golden Pond.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 32 ounces clam juice
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 lb lobster meat, diced
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a soup pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add bacon and onion and saute until both are golden brown.
- Stir in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Add the clam juice and milk and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the lobster, celery seed, parsley and salt and pepper.
- After a few minutes, when the lobster is cooked, stir in the cream and heat until scalding.
- Serve at once.