Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very Rich, Very Pricy, Very Good I have no idea where this originaly came from. I found it in my Dad's recipe collection. Hand written, but not in his hand.
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 3⁄4 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated smoked gouda cheese
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups creme fraiche
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 cup small-diced red onion
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter, blend thoroughly.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions and the peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for 2 minutes, remove from the heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Beat in the cream, Gouda cheese and sauteed vegetables until fully icombined, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in the lobster meat and the parsley.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake until firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- If you refrigerate the cake before serving, allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- To serve, cut the cake into wedges with a warm knife.
- Serve each wedge with the Creme Fraiche and traditional garnishes Yield: 12 to 16 servings.