Recipe by Brenda Marby
This casserole was made for me by a very special person to celebrate my birthday. Its her grandmothers recipe, I'm posting it so I don't lose it. This is very rich but very good
- 2 (5 ounce) cans lobster meat or 2 lbs lobsters
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1⁄2 cup pre-shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 sweet medium onion, diced
- 1 cup light cream
- 6 slices fresh white bread, cubed
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 2 qt casserole with butter flavored cooking spray.
- if using live lobsters, cook, shell and chop in bite size pieces.
- Lay lobster on bottom,.
- then chopped celery and onions,.
- coat the bread cubes with 1/4 cup of butter. Layer on top of celery and onions, layer cheese on top of bread.
- pour 1/4 cup of butter over cheese.
- pour cream over all.
- bake on center rack at 350 for 1 hour.