From At Blanchard's Table
My Private Note
2 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat, coarsley chopped and patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups red bell peppers, diced small and patted dry
- 1/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread, crumbs
- equal amounts of butter and olive oil, for sauteing
Tomato Tartar Sauce
- 1Lobster cakes: In a large, deep-sided saucepan, heat the butter over a low heat until it stops foming. Add the flour gradually and cook for 2 minutes, whisking continually. Add milk 1/2 cup at a time, whisking constantly to get rid of the lumps. Simmer for 5 minutes, continuing to whisk until thick and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the lobster, peppers, scallions, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Add 1 cup of the bread crumbs and the milk mixture, and mix well. Cool to room temperature. Shape into 1-to 11/2 inch thick and flatten slightly. The lobster cakes should be about 1/2 inch thick. Coat the cakes with more bread crumbs.
- 3Heat a layer of buter and oil in a saute pan over a medium heat until hot, not smoking. Cook the lobster cakes untill golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels and serve hot with tartar sauce.
- 4Tomato Tartar Sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and tomato paste. Add the onions, pickles, capers, and salt and pepper, and whisk until blended.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Cakes With Tomato Tartar Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 211.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: