- 2 lobsters, steamed (about two pound each)
- 2 large romaine lettuce hearts
- 236.59 ml frisee, tender white leaves
- 226.79 g celery root, peeled and cut into thin julienne
- 2 minced garlic cloves (2 teaspoons)
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk
- 73.94 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 236.59 ml bread cubes, 1/4-inch square cut with crusts removed
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, finely minced
- 2.46 ml lemon zest, freshly grated
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- caviar, rinsed to plump and remove excess salt (Salmon Caviar)
- chervil, sprigs
- In the fridgerator, chill 4 nice dinner plates.
- CAESAR DRESSING: Whisk first 6 ingredients together until combined. Whisk in olive oil to form a smooth dressing. Stir in cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Yields approximately 1 cup).
- GARLIC CROUTONS: Add oil and garlic to a saute pan and saute garlic over moderate heat so that it slowly browns (approximately 5 minutes). Be careful garlic doesn't burn or it will become bitter. Remove garlic and discard.
- Raise heat and saute bread cubes in a single layer until golden brown and crisp on all sides. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Toss with parsley and lemon zest while still warm. Store in an air tight container if not using immediately.
- ASSEMBLY: Carefully remove lobster meat from shell, reserving heads and tail for plate garnish if desired. Set meat aside.
- Cut and arrange romaine hearts and frisee attractively on chilled plates. Lightly toss celery root with half the dressing and arrange on top of lettuces.
- Slice lobster tails into medallions and place on top of celery root. Place a shelled claw portion on top of this.
- Drizzle remaining dressing on lettuces and scatter croutons and shaved Parmesan over top. Garnish with salmon caviar, and chervil Serve immediately.