Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Definitely upscale. Definitely worth it.
Make and share this Lobster Caesar Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lobsters, steamed (about two pound each)
- 2 large romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 cup frisee, tender white leaves
- 1⁄2 lb celery root, peeled and cut into thin julienne
- 2 minced garlic cloves (2 teaspoons)
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup bread cubes, 1/4-inch square cut with crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- caviar, rinsed to plump and remove excess salt (Salmon Caviar)
- chervil, sprigs
- In the fridgerator, chill 4 nice dinner plates.
- CAESAR DRESSING: Whisk first 6 ingredients together until combined. Whisk in olive oil to form a smooth dressing. Stir in cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Yields approximately 1 cup).
- GARLIC CROUTONS: Add oil and garlic to a saute pan and saute garlic over moderate heat so that it slowly browns (approximately 5 minutes). Be careful garlic doesn't burn or it will become bitter. Remove garlic and discard.
- Raise heat and saute bread cubes in a single layer until golden brown and crisp on all sides. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Toss with parsley and lemon zest while still warm. Store in an air tight container if not using immediately.
- ASSEMBLY: Carefully remove lobster meat from shell, reserving heads and tail for plate garnish if desired. Set meat aside.
- Cut and arrange romaine hearts and frisee attractively on chilled plates. Lightly toss celery root with half the dressing and arrange on top of lettuces.
- Slice lobster tails into medallions and place on top of celery root. Place a shelled claw portion on top of this.
- Drizzle remaining dressing on lettuces and scatter croutons and shaved Parmesan over top. Garnish with salmon caviar, and chervil Serve immediately.
This was just duper great for a change.Will make it again.