1/1 Photo of Lobster Caesar Salad
Definitely upscale. Definitely worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lobsters, steamed (about two pound each)
- 2 large romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 cup frisee, tender white leaves
- 1/2 lb celery root, peeled and cut into thin julienne
- 2 minced garlic cloves (2 teaspoons)
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup bread cubes, 1/4-inch square cut with crusts removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1In the fridgerator, chill 4 nice dinner plates.
- 2CAESAR DRESSING: Whisk first 6 ingredients together until combined. Whisk in olive oil to form a smooth dressing. Stir in cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Yields approximately 1 cup).
- 3GARLIC CROUTONS: Add oil and garlic to a saute pan and saute garlic over moderate heat so that it slowly browns (approximately 5 minutes). Be careful garlic doesn't burn or it will become bitter. Remove garlic and discard.
- 4Raise heat and saute bread cubes in a single layer until golden brown and crisp on all sides. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 5Toss with parsley and lemon zest while still warm. Store in an air tight container if not using immediately.
- 6ASSEMBLY: Carefully remove lobster meat from shell, reserving heads and tail for plate garnish if desired. Set meat aside.
- 7Cut and arrange romaine hearts and frisee attractively on chilled plates. Lightly toss celery root with half the dressing and arrange on top of lettuces.
- 8Slice lobster tails into medallions and place on top of celery root. Place a shelled claw portion on top of this.
- 9Drizzle remaining dressing on lettuces and scatter croutons and shaved Parmesan over top. Garnish with salmon caviar, and chervil Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (556 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.4
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.9 mg
- Sodium 639.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 24.9 g