Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Slurpy noodles in a shrimp and broccoli packed broth make for a delicious light dinner for one.
- 13 large raw shrimp, shell-on
- 1 teaspoon better than bouillon lobster base (or chicken broth powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 ounces bean thread noodles
- 150 g broccoli, chopped
- 150 g shirataki noodles or 150 g kelp noodles, drained and separated into strands
- hot sauce and pickled ginger, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F and spread the shrimp out in one layer on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until done. Set aside (peel if you really want to).
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, whisk together the lobster base, soy sauce and water and bring to a boil.
- Add the bean thread noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and kelp noodles and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Pour into a bowl and top with the roasted shrimp.
- Add hot sauce and pickled ginger to taste.