Recipe by karen in tbay
I believe this recipe came from Cottage Country's bbq chef on the tv series way back when. His name was Ted Reader now known as the BBQ King - with spices and sauces and cookbooks attributed to his success. I saw Ted cook this on a show, found the recipe years later in one of his earlier cookbooks I believe, and copied it. Have always wanted to try it and with a birthday coming up in a few weeks, decided this was the party meal. I searched Zaar because I thought I would never find that little pc of paper but lo and behold tonite, I looked in the filing system I had in place way back when and found it. So posting it right away, just in case I lose it before the birthday!
- 8 (12 ounce) bottles beer
- 4 -6 heads garlic, halved
- 3 onions, quartered
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 cup Old Bay Seasoning or 1 cup crab boil seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup black peppercorns
- 3 lemons, halved
- 24 -36 new small potatoes
- 12 ears corn
- 12 lobsters
- 2 bunches asparagus
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a very large pot 1/3 full cold water and bring to rolling boil.
- Add first 8 ingredients and return to boil.
- Add potatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- Add corn and lobsters. Cover and bring back to a boil. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer.