Recipe by Grannydragon
This is another San Diego Restaurant recipe, from Blue Point Costal Cusine. A king of soups, a version that will arch the eyebrow of even the most discriminating gourmet. Very rich, expensive and luxurious.
- 3 whole lobsters, split in half (may use culls)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or less)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 750 ml port wine
- 4 ounces rosemary
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- white pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy pot, heat enough oil to cover bottom of pot. Add carrots, onions and lobster.
- Cook over medium heat until lobster shells are bright and red.
- Add Port wine and deglaze pot, scraping up any brown bits.
- Simmer over medium heat until wine is reduced by 2/3.
- Add rosemary and tomato paste. Stir for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add Cream. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Strain and season with salt and white pepper.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with poached lobster meat and rosemary.