Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From newest book. Haven't tried.
Make and share this Lobster Bisque (South Beach Diet Phase 2) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 lb lobster tail, shelled, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 chopped plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, thyme, salt and pepper; cook until softened about 7 minutes.
- Stir in whole wheat flour; cook stirring occasionally until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomato puree, and sherry; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add lobster and simmer, covered, until lobster is opaque, about 6 minutes. Stir in milk, plum tomato, parsley, paprika, and hot pepper sauce; bring to a simmer and sevre hot.
Great Soup! Very Tasty! If I make it again, I would omit 1 stalk of celery. A bit much for my liking.