Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 whole lobster (1-1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 quart milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water, cold
- to taste cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- In large sauce pan, bring enough water to cover lobster to a boil. Plunge lobster into pot head first.
- Reheat to boiling; reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 12-15 minutes until shell is red, lifting lid occasionally to let steam escape.
- Place boiled lobster aside to cool until it can be handled. Remove meat. Reserve the coral and the green fat.
- Put the cold water into a sauce pan and add the broken claws and shells. Bring to the simmering point and simmer 20 minutes.
- Melt butter in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add milk until warmed.
- Slowly whisk in flour until a sauce is formed.
- Drain the lobster broth and add to the sauce. Dice the lobster meat and add.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. Just before serving, add the coral mashed with the green fat. Mix thoroughly, reheat and serve.