My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large sauce pan, bring enough water to cover lobster to a boil. Plunge lobster into pot head first.
- 2Reheat to boiling; reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer 12-15 minutes until shell is red, lifting lid occasionally to let steam escape.
- 3Place boiled lobster aside to cool until it can be handled. Remove meat. Reserve the coral and the green fat.
- 4Put the cold water into a sauce pan and add the broken claws and shells. Bring to the simmering point and simmer 20 minutes.
- 5Melt butter in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add milk until warmed.
- 6Slowly whisk in flour until a sauce is formed.
- 7Drain the lobster broth and add to the sauce. Dice the lobster meat and add.
- 8Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste. Just before serving, add the coral mashed with the green fat. Mix thoroughly, reheat and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lobster Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.2
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 381.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 15.1 g